We're looking for someone to welcome whānau to our Hub, assist staff with administration tasks, and support the smooth running of the Hub.
Kaikohe Hub, 119 Broadway, Kaikohe, 0405
10am to 2pm on either Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Are you friendly and able to get along with others and work as part of a team as well as independently?
You will come with a non-judgemental, empathetic, and open-minded attitude, and ability to put people at ease and make them feel welcome.
We'd love you to demonstrate good communication skills, and share our passion and commitment to empowering whānau and striving toward social justice.
An ability to think on your feet and prioritise tasks is also helpful.
Key tasks include
- Making people feel welcome at our Hub and provide orientation for whānau who are new to the space.
- Monitoring the front desk (including relevant intake forms and tally) and engage with whānau to identify possible needs.
- Refering whānau to relevant staff for further assistance.
- Supporting staff with administrative tasks as required, such as printing or scanning of documents and entering clients into our database.
- Completing a brief written handover in the handover book for the coordinator to follow up (possible incidents or items/services required). This may merely be a very brief addition to the handover reports completed by staff.
- Supporting staff in keeping our space clean and tidy at all times.
A Ministry of Justice Check is required for this position.
If you are interested in this volunteer position, please complete our application form or call Daniela on 022 526 9452 to find out more.